Less than 2 hours from Edinburgh or Prestwick (Glasgow) The Marquee at Moness Resort is in the grounds of a 4 star country house hotel along with 106 lodges. The Bridal Suite (Cedar Room) has traditional and classic original style with the Warmest Welcome in the whole of Perthshire.
As you enter the resort, The Marquee is on your left, nestled beside some of our trees - It is the Big Tree County after all.
As you carry on to reception in our main building, the hotel is on the right, across the drive from The Marquee.
The main building also houses the Spa,Hair Salon,Leisure,Restaurants, Lounge and Bar areas.
Your guests can either be accommodated in the hotel or one of the 106 lodges in the grounds. Special discounted rates for wedding guests are available- please note all accommodation is subject to availability.
For any guests that travel by air or train - Pitlochry is the closest railway station - we have 2 minibuses with dedicated drivers that can be booked. For larger parties, a coach can be hired in.
Contact our Wedding Coordinator on 01887 822102 or by email via the contact form below.
We only accept one wedding on any date so that you can be assured that we will help make your big day special.
The Marquee can host up to 150 people for the ceremony and wedding breakfast. For a smaller party the Marquee can be partitioned to suit the size of your party.
Congratulations! and thank you for considering The Marquee at Moness to look after you on your big day.
We have hosted weddings for over 25 years in the Flemmyng Suite and Restaurant, where space was limited.
So that we may continue to help you achieve the dream of a Highland Perthshire wedding, we have invested in what we believe is the biggest and most up to date Marquee in the region.
The Marquee at Moness Resort is fully licensed to host civil weddings and civil partnerships, conducted by authorised marriage celebrants.
Set in fully landscaped gardens with panoramic windows, allowing idyllic views of the surrounding grounds, The Marquee is a wholly contained venue, with it's own complete kitchen (for the chef and his team),cloakroom (preferably to hang you coats and jackets),toilets, bar, dance floor and not forgetting it is also fully heated so not affected by weather.
The dance floor area has a built in sound system, which allows you and your guests to enjoy your chosen source of music at 'normal' dance floor levels, whilst at the same time , able to hold a conversation at normal level in all other areas of The Marquee.
Fully carpeted, with the ability to change the lighting scheme to your choice, one colour or multi coloured. If you require something extra special, we have a supplier who can accommodate most requests.
In order to avoid limiting how you want to plan and organize your special day, we offer different packages or a package builder option so that can be individually tailored to suit.
All menus and options are carefully and skillfully prepared by our Head Chef and his team, and they are able to adapt to any special dietary requirements - this needs to be requested in advance - that may be needed on your wedding day.
All options include
- Invitation for menu tasting at the resort
- Two night complimentary stay in a suite for Bride & Groom
- Full Scottish breakfast during your stay
- Printed menus,place names & table plans
- Chair covers to match colour scheme
- Use of cake-stand & knife
- Red carpet
Per Person Package Offer
- Selection of 3 starter, 3 main and 3 dessert courses from Menu 1
- Glass of Cava or fruit juice for guests on arrival
- Glass of house wine per person with breakfast
- Glass of Cava or fruit juice for the Toast
- Evening buffet for guests as Evening Buffet Option 1
Set menu package
- November 1st 2017 to March 31st 2018
- For 50 Guests - £2600 (Additional guests £50 pp)
- Set Menu with choice of 2 dishes for each course
- Vegetarian options available
- Evening buffet can be added if required
We also provide the following complimentary services for all weddings
- Support and service from inquiry to leaving the Marquee Wedding Venue
- Master of Ceremonies (A member of management will be on hand to guide you throughout your day - normally this will be Alastair our wedding coordinator)
To book call our Wedding Coordinator on 01887 822102
Your wedding day is that one special day wherein you deserve to have all the options available to you in order to make it that little extra special and unique to you and your big day. Moness therefore offers you a range of Spa and Hair Salon options that you may choose from as you desire. Not only will your day be that much more memorable for you, but your guests will also remember the day for years to come.
Wedding Make-Up, Hair & Nails
Facial & Nails
- Hydra Marine Face Ritual
- Shellac Nails (hands)
- Wedding party £60 per person
- Bridal party up to 5 persons (including the Bride) £250
Facial, Hair & Nails
- Hydra Marine Face Ritual
- Shellac Nails (hands)
- Wedding party £85 per person
- Bridal party up to 5 persons (including the Bride) £350
Planning your wedding is one of the most special occasions of your life yet can be overwhelming and stressful for many, with additional expectations from family and friends. At Moness we aim to reduce that stress for you and to help you enjoy the planning stage with our dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator.
Our Wedding Co-ordinator will present you with all the options available to you and assist you through planning every stage of your big day in an exacting and meticulous manner designed to put your mind at ease. We know there are things that can easily be overlooked in the busy period leading up to your wedding and we are there to ensure none of the vital details are left out. Our Wedding Co-ordinator will provide inspiration and solutions where you may have not thought it possible and leave you feeling reassured that everything will be just as you imagined.
Our Wedding Co-ordinator will take the pressure from your shoulders, ensuring all the tiny details are seen to with the utmost care, allowing you to relax and concentrate on enjoying yourself before and during the big day.
Many couples feel drawn to having a Scottish wedding often because they have fond memories of this romantic nation or they have Scottish roots which they are keen to celebrate. It's not hard to see why celebrities and even members of the Royal Family choose to tie the knot in Scotland, especially when it is the law here that wedding ceremonies can take place almost anywhere - you are only really limited by the stretch of your imagination!
If you are looking for a venue in a great location with lovely accommodation where you and your guests will be looked after by genuine, friendly staff, look no further.
You can get married if you and your partner are both aged 16 years or over and are either single, widowed, divorced or have dissolved a civil partnership.
Naturally, with any big step in life, there are rules and procedures to adhere to and this is where our wedding coordinator becomes invaluable in helping you plan your perfect day.
The Marquee at Moness Resort is fully licensed to host civil weddings and civil partnerships, conducted by authorised marriage celebrants
Our wedding coordinator is not only there to ensure you have a perfect wedding day, but is an expert on procedures and protocol and will guide you through the permissions and registrations.
So whether you are seeking a civil or religious ceremony - make the Marquee atMoness Resort your venue of choice.
Moness Resort offers you and your guests the ultimate choice of accommodation. Whether you are after a modest stay or that special lavish all out accommodation, Moness will deliver it.
Your guests can either be accommodated in the hotel or one of the 106 lodges in the grounds. Discounted rates for your wedding guests are available - please note all accommodation is subject to availability.
Not to forget the bride and groom, one of our suites will be prepared for your total relaxation compliments of Moness and will allow you to enjoy your wedding experience at Moness in full comfort, privacy and style. It truly will be an occasion to remember.
You and your guests can also choose to enjoy any of our facilities including our spa complete with swimming pool, treatment rooms for individual pampering, sauna, steam room and hot tub. Moness prides itself on offering you the best of facilities to help you relax and enjoy your special day, whilst your guests do not miss out either.
Whatever your wish, Moness has something for everyone.
Dear Owner of Moness
We just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and your team for such a wonderful wedding weekend up at Moness.
The family have been visiting Moness for some 25 years or so and it seemed fitting to celebrate our special day at Moness - it was the perfect choice.
Alastair was great, nothing was a problem and we loved his friendly easy going character. On the day itself he did a great job of making sure things ran smoothly and kept us all at ease.
Michelle and the rest of the team worked so well together, making it so special to all of the guests and a massive success.
Graeme and the lovely chef also catered well for us, from the initial food tasting to the lovely wedding breakfast prepared on the day - everyone commented on what a lovely meal they had enjoyed.
From the moment us and our guests arrived on the Friday all of the staff were so friendly and attentive - from the reception staff to the cleaners who were so cheerful and friendly - they even found one of the children's ipads down the side of the bed on Sunday and ran out to the car with it!
Thank you so much for such a wonderful weekend, you have gathered together such a great team of people and we could not have asked for more on our special day.
Please pass on our thanks and gratitude to all of your team.
Craig & Jennie Hurrel
On July 29th 2017 we were married at Moness Resort in Aberfeldy.
Our wedding was the most perfect day in every way. This beautiful and magical place is full of charm and offers a very romantic setting.
I would like to thank all the staff for making our day amazing, the food and service was outstanding and still proves to be a talking point among our guests to this day.
I would like to offer a special thanks to the events manager Alastair who was responsible for organising our big day. He became my counselor, problem solver, bouncing board, referee, trouble shooter and all round ‘Mr Fix It’ throughout the many wobbles I had along the way.
He often went beyond the call of duty dealing with situations to make my wedding less stressful and more enjoyable.
Our wedding cake was damaged on transit the evening before our day, the bottom tier was ruined. As if by magic Alastair spoke with the chef who recreated the bottom tier of the cake for the next day. You would never have known there had been any damage.
We thank you all for everything that made our day so special and amazing. Some of our guests have already booked small breaks to return to this wonderful place.
Mr & Mrs G Berrie
We had the most wonderful day at Moness
It was better than we could of hoped for!
Alastair and the team went above and beyond not only on our wedding day but the whole week we were there and made every single one of our guests feel special!
The food was amazing and the quality was consistent. The whole process from the beginning was made so easy by guidance from Alastair and the team helping us every step of the way.
The surroundings and the Marquee were beautiful and all the services provided by and recommended by Moness were fabulous!
We can't thank you all enough!
ELLE AND ALEX 25TH JULY 2017
- Lentil and vegetable soup with a warm roll
- Goats cheese and beetroot stack with walnut dressing
- Chicken liver pate with red onion chutney,oatcakes and dressed salad
- Fan of melon homemade sorbet and berry coulis
- Traditional prawn cocktail with buttered granary bread
- Steak & ale pie with buttered mash and honey roasted vegetables
- Supreme of chicken fondant potato, seasonal vegetables and a soft herb jus
- Breaded pork escalope rosemary crushed potatoes and pesto
- Scottish haddock fillet with new potatoes, wilted spinach and a Champagne & leek sauce
- Field mushroom stroganoff Basmati rice
- Hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice-cream
- Apple pie with cinnamon custard
- Trio of ice-cream berry sauce and wafer
- Butterscotch dipped profiteroles with Chantilly cream
- Lemon tart marinated raspberries and orange sorbet
Choose any 3 options from each course £40.00 pp
- Roasted red pepper & tomato soup with a warm roll
- Ham hock terrine with apple chutney, oatcakes ands dressed salad
- Smoked haddock & leek fishcake garlic aioli
- Wild mushrooms bound in Parmesan cream, brioche and truffle oil
- Salmon & prawn Marie Rose parcel sun blushed tomato and olive salad
- Roast sirloin of beef with Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables and a rich gravy
- Corn-fed chicken breast stuffed with applewood smoked Cheddar, buttered mash and a cherry tomato sauce
- Slow braised Scottish lamb shank buttered mash, green beans and a rosemary & garlic reduction
- Herb crusted cod fillet with 5 bean & chorizo cassoulet and red pepper pesto
- Vegetarian haggis pithier potato puree, turnip fondant and Aberfeldy whisky & onion gravy
- Dark chocolate and mint pot with langues de chat biscuits
- Cheesecake of your choice with vanilla ice-cream and berry compote
- Clootie dumpling creme Anglaise
- Dark chocolate brownie white chocolate ice-cream and cherry coulis
- Orange scented creme brûlée homemade shortbread
Choose any 3 options from each course £44.00 pp
- Celeriac and roasted garlic veloute with a warm roll
- Game terrine plum chutney, focaccia and dressed salad
- Pork rillettes cornichons and toasted brioche
- Mozzarella, sunblushed tomato & spinach ravioli with a basil foam
- Pan-seared scallops cauliflower four ways
- Roast ribeye of beef with Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables and a rich gravy
- Corn-fed chicken breast Parma ham, haggis,potato puree and peppercorn sauce
- Herb crusted rack of lamb boulangerie potatoes and courgette Provençal
- Paupiette of lemon sole prawn mousse, Dauphine potatoes, asparagus sauce and sugar snap peas
- Asparagus and pea risotto Parmesan crisp and basil oil
- Sticky toffee pudding butterscotch sauce and stem ginger ice-cream
- Pimms and prosecco jelly elderflower sorbet
- Scottish cheese selection crackers, grapes, celery and chutney
- Trio of chocolate dark chocolate brownie, white chocolate mousse and milk chocolate ice-cream
- Raspberry Cranachan homemade shortbread
Choose any 3 options from each course £48.00 pp
- Sandwich selection
- Whole meal /white bread /wraps
- Choose 3 fillings from the following:
Cheese & tomato
Tuna,sweetcorn & red onion
Roast beef & mustard
- Mini sausage roll
- Mini quiche
- Chicken drumstick
- Mini pizza
- Choose any 4:
Link sausage rolls
Square (Lorne) sausage rolls
Breaded chicken goujons
Cheesy garlic bread
- Choose 1 hot option from the following:
Haggis,neeps and tatties / Vegetarian haggis
Chicken curry /Vegetable curry
Beef lasagne / Vegetable lasagne
- Salad selection
- Bread selection
- Baked potatoes
- Glass of Cava or fruit juice on arrival
- Glass of house wine per person
- Glass of Cava or fruit juice for the Toast
- Glass of Prosecco or fruit juice on arrival
- 1/2 Bottle of wine (cellar choice) per person
- Glass of Prosecco or fruit juice for the Toast
- Glass of Champagne or fruit juice on arrival
- 1/2 bottle or premier wine per person
- Glass of Champagne or fruit juice for the Toast
- Tomato soup with a warm roll
- Breaded chicken strips with garlic mayonnaise and house salad
- Fan of melon with berry coulis
- Crudités with a soft cheese dip
- Steak pie with new potatoes and peas
- Roast chicken buttered mash, vegetables and gravy
- Macaroni cheese garlic bread and salad
- Haddock goujons chips and tartare sauce
- Hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice-cream
- Apple pie with pouring cream
- Banana split sundae with fruit salad
Choose any 3 options from each course £12.50 pp
Choose any 5 canapés
£7.95 per person
Something not in the list? We can probably do it!
- Haggis bon bons
- Honey mustard glazed chipolatas
- Chicken satay skewers
- Lamb koftas with Tzatziki
- Vegetable crudités
- Mini pies - Scotch,steak or macaroni
- Roast beef & horseradish filled mini Yorkshire pudding
- Chicken liver pate & red onion chutney on Melba toast
- Game terrine & plum chutney on oatcakes
- Smoked trout pate on soda bread
- Thai style fishcakes
- Tempura prawns
- Smoked salmon blini with creme fraiche
- Mature cheddar cheese & smoked ham crouque monsieur
- Duck spring rolls
- Battered chicken strips
- Balsamic poached eggs
- Asparagus wrapped in parma ham
- Mozzarella & sun blushed tomato arancini
- Brie & cranberry bites
- Mini scotch eggs
- Sausage rolls
- Mini cheeseburgers with tomato relish
- Red onion & leek tart
- Tempura prawns
- Wild mushroom & thyme quiche
- Vol au vent selection
- Wrap selection
- Mini fuit tartlets
- Homemade scones with jam & clotted cream
- Macaroon selection
- Chocolate dipped strawberries
- Chilled melon soup shot